1. Complete the story with the verbs in brackets in past simple or past continuous. (6 points)
It was a dark night and the weather was terrible. It 1._________________ (rain) heavily and a strong wind 2._________________ (blow). Robert and his sister 3._________________ (walk) back home quickly, when, suddenly, they 4._________________ (hear) some footsteps behind them. 5._________________ (someone / follow) them? They looked behind them but there was no one there. But they still started running and 6._________________ (not stop) until they got home.
2.Use the words to write sentences. You can change the form of the words given and add any necessary words. Do not change the order of the words.
1. Yesterday / I find / strange letter / while / I clean / attic / .
2. We / watch / film / when / someone / knock / door / .
3. While / he / climb / tree / he / break / arm / .
4. Last night / police / arrest / criminals / while / they / rob / bank / .