NAME OF THE TEACHER:
LEVEL OF THE GROUP: beginners
TIME: 45 minutes
TOPIC: Verb 'to be' – affirmative.
AIMS OF THE LESSON:
1.To introduce and practice new grammar structure.
2.To encourage Ss to use new grammar structure.
3.To revise vocabulary from previous lesson.
EXAMPLES OF THE LANGUAGE ITEMS TO BE TAUGHT:
LEXICAL: verb 'to be' affirmative
SKILLS TO BE TAUGHT:
THE ABOVE WILL BE PRACTICED THROUGH THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITY TYPES:
Telling and repeating sentences, reading sentences, reading short text, writing short composition
FORMS OF WORK:
pair work, individual work
blackboard, handouts, classroom's equipment
ANTICIPATED PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS:
Ss may have problems with new grammar structure, its use, spelling and pronunciation, T helps them and corrects if necessary,
Ss may have lack of ideas what to write in their composition, T may provide them some good example of such composition
1. T asks Ss questions like: 'How are you?', 'What's your name?', Ss answer questions.
2. T is talking about herself and her friends using sentences:
'I am a teacher'
'You are funny'
'He is a cook'
'She is a model'
'It is a cat'
'We are friends'
'You are nice'
'They are great'
talking about herself T is writing parts of inflection on the board.
3. T is checking what Ss remember from the presentation by asking them questions.
4. T explains Ss that this is the inflection of verb 'to be' and tells when we use it.
5. T asks Ss to repeat after her inflection of verb 'to be'.
6. T removes some parts of inflection and then asks Ss to tell the whole inflection once again.
7. T gives Ss cards with sentences like: 'I am a student', 'It is a window' etc. and asks Ss to put it on the right place in the classroom or on the right person.
8. T gives Ss handouts, Ss' first task is to choose correct verb form in sentences, second task is to put correct verb form into the gaps, then checking with the whole class.
9. T asks Ss to write short composition (few sentences) about themselves on the basis of the model text.
T gives Ss another task with gaps but now they have to put correct person into the sentence
T asks Ss to translate few sentences like: „Ja jestem dziewczyną”, „To jest krzesło” etc. It can be done both in written or oral form
EVALUATION OF THE LESSON:
The lesson went according to the plan and all aims were achieved. The presentantion was very simply but clear so students understand new material without any problems. There should be one more exercise for practice, to give students more chances to use new grammar structure and to fulfill the time of the lesson because there was about 5 minutes left so I revised vocabulary from previous lessons.
Text for T's presentation:
Opowiem Wam dziś o sobie.
Najpierw to, co już wiecie:
Ja jestem nauczycielem – I am a teacher
Moi przyjaciele to Anna i Tomek.
Tomek opowiada wiele dowcipów
Mówię mu często:
Ty jesteś zabawny – You are funny
Tomek jest kucharzem
Biorę od niego różne przepisy
On jest kucharzem – He is a cook
Anna jest bardzo ładna
Ona jest modelką – She is a model
Mam też kota
To jest jego zdjęcie
To jest kot – It is a cat
Jak powiedziałam wcześniej,
Anna i Tomek to moi przyjaciele -
My jesteśmy przyjaciółmi – We are friends
Często mówię im:
Wy jesteście mili – You are nice
Ale tak naprawdę to:
Oni są świetni – They are great
I to też czasem im mówię