TEST Z JĘZYKA ANGIELSKIEGO
IMIĘ I NAZWISKO _________________________
KLASA: ____ DATA: ___ / ___/ _____
I. Uzupełnij luki używając jednego z podanych czasów : Present Simple, Present Continuous, Past Simple or w Past Continuous.
He always WATCHES (watch) TV in the evening.
1.If I ____________(find) a good job, I’ll move to Madrid.
2. She__________________(work) on her computer when it crashed.
3. You can turn off the radio. I______ (not listen) to it.
4. Tom usually _________ (listen) to the news in the car.
5. When_____________Barack Obama ____________ (become) the president of the USA?
6. What__________they____________(do) at 9.00 last night?
7. Be careful! The baby _________ (put) those keys in his mouth!
8. Mozart _________ (write) fifty-five symphonies.
II. Wybierz poprawną odpowiedź.
Bill ____________________ in New York since 1975.
a)lives b)is living c)HAS LIVED d)was living
1. Ted is thirsty! I ___________ him a glass of juice!
a) am getting b) will get c) get d) am going to get
2. Sam ___________ a new computer next week.
a) is going to buy b) will buy c) buys d) bought
3. I can’t talk now. I ___________ .
a) drive b) was driving c) will drive d) am driving
4. My brother ___________ to the bank. He’ll be back soon.
a) went b) goes c) has gone d) was gone
5. Penderecki ___________ four operas and is still composing music.
a) wrote b) writes c) has written d) has been written
6. The sun __________ in the east.
a) rose b) rises c) was rising d) has risen
7. Stanley and Jane __________ together since 1998.
a) have been b) are c) were d) will be
III. Wpisz w puste jeden z podanych przyimków: in, at, to, with lub on.
There is a beautiful picture ON the wall.
1. What unusual things have happened ______ you?
2. Her friend was angry ______ me.
3. What are you interested _____?
4. It was popular ____ the 1990s.
5. Welcome ____ Greece!
6. I won't use my phone when I'm _____ school.
7. My birthday falls _______ 21st July.
8. The shop is _____the end of the street.
9. Can you help me ______ my homework?
10.Her daughters don’t go to school ____ the bus.
IV. Skreśl słowo, które nie pasuje do pozostałych.
train underground CAR tram
1. mouse mother board keyboard rat
2. onion pear cabbage lettuce
3. brain skin heart stomach
4. sad annoyed scared glad
5. ostrich eagle owl canary
6. rainy sunny foggy snowy
7. Warsaw Tokyo Montreal Canberra
V. Popraw błędy w zdaniach.
My brother has got a new WORK. My brother has got a new job.
1. Spanish is speaked in this country.
2. When I growed up, I decided to be a teacher. ________________________________________________
3. This bag is too heavy. I help you. _____________________________________
4. I've been reading this book since five hours. ________________________________________________
5. When Marconi invented the radio? ________________________________________
6. He phoned to us and put off the meeting.
7. Could you say me the time, please? _____________________________________
VI. Przeczytaj uważnie tekst i wybierz właściwą odpowiedź.
CHRISTMAS SYMBOLS AND TRADITIONS
Can you imagine Christmas without the Christmas tree? Of course not. It is one of the best recognizable symbols of this beautiful holiday and probably for that reason most people believe that the custom of decorating evergreens is almost as old as celebrating the birth of Jesus. But it is not true. This tradition originated in Germany in the Middle Ages and spread all over the world in the 19th century, mainly thanks to Prince Albert, the husband of Britain's Queen Victoria, who brought the Christmas tree from his homeland and popularized in the whole country.
Today the Christmas tree is well-known even in non-Christian countries e.g. Japan, China or India.
Today most people associate this saint with America's Santa Claus, dressed in Coca-Cola
colours of red and white. But apart from this commercial Santa, who looks like an overgrown dwarf,
there is also Father Christmas from Britain, grandfatherly type in robes and St. Nicholas, especially popular in Scandinavian and Benelux countries.
Unlike Santa and Father Christmas, St. Nicholas dressed like a priest seems more similar to the saintly bishop, who lived 1700 years ago.
Unfortunately, only few people are interested in what he really looked like. But on the other hand, it is much more important that St. Nicholas was a very kind and generous man, who loved children and helped people. And that is the main reason why we should follow him.
Christmas carols are traditional songs that tell the story of the birth of Jesus.
Today there are thousands of them and they come from almost all countries of the world, but probably the most favourite is the Austrian carol “Stille nacht” ( “Silent Night”), which has been translated into 120 languages.
In English – speaking countries the most popular carol is “Jingle bells”, also well- known and admired around the world.
The other popular songs that belong to this category are „Frosty the Snowman” , “God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman”, “The First Noel”, “I wish you a Merry Christmas”.
Która z podanych odpowiedzi jest prawidłowa?
The tradition of decorating evergreens originated
a) in the 19th century b) in the Middle Ages c) in the 20th century
1.Who started to decorate the Christmas tree?
a) Germans b) Englishmen c) Americans
2.Who brought the Christmas tree to Britain?
a) Queen Victoria b) Prince Albert c) Japanese
3.Santa Claus comes from
a) the USA b) Britain c) Scandinavia
4.Who looks like a bishop?
a) Santa Claus b) Father Christmas c) St. Nicholas
5.Who is best-loved in Norway?
a) Father Christmas b) St. Nicholas c) Santa Claus
6.Who is dressed in red and white clothes?
a). Father Christmas b) St. Nicholas c) Santa Claus
7.The most popular carol in the world is
a) “Jingle bells” b) 'Silent night” c) “I wish you a Merry Christmas”
8.The best-loved carol in the English-speaking world is
a) “White Christmas” b) “Jingle bells” c) “I wish you a Merry Christmas”
VII. Zaznacz prawidłową odpowiedź a,b lub c.
Who founded the city of London?
1. What did Madame Tussaud start in 1835?
a)A famous department store
b)A famous wax museum
c)A famous theatre
2. Which of these parks is not in London?
3. What is the biggest church in England?
4. Who wasn’t the British Prime Minister?
5. What river runs through London?
6. What is the big wheel in London called?
a) The London Eye
b) The London Mouth
c) The London Nose
7. What is at the centre of Trafalgar Square?
8. The official residence of the British Queen is...
a)Tower of London
9. What colour are London’s taxis?
I. 1)find 2)was working 3)am not listening 4)listens 5)did (Barack Obama) become 6)were (they) doing 7)is putting 8)wrote
II. 1)b 2)a 3)d 4)c 5)c 6)b 7)a
III. 1)to 2)with 3)in 4)in 5)to 6)at 7)on 8)at 9)with 10)on
IV. 1)rat 2)pear 3)skin 4)glad 5)ostrich 6)sunny 7)Montreal
V. 1)Spanish is spoken in this country. 2)When I grew up, I decided to be a teacher.
3)This bag is too heavy. I will help you. 4)I’ve been reading this book for five hours.
5)When did Marconi invent the radio? 6)He phoned x us and put off the meeting.
7)Joe’s car is x better than mine. 8)Could you tell me the time, please?
VI.1)a 2)b 3)a 4)c 5)b 6)c 7)b 8)b
VII. 1)b 2)c 3)a 4)b 5)a 6)a 7)c 8)b 9)b